Similar to my Chicken Salad recipe, this is generally something that gets thrown together on a whim, with things that I already have on hand in the fridge and pantry, then quickly eaten, spread on crackers or bread. And, I can always feel good about myself afterwords because this is, in fact, a “salad” after all.
*The recipe calls for 3, 5oz cans of tuna which I find is enough salad for 4 sandwiches, but you can divide everything by 3 if you want a “by the can” recipe. I will take this moment to once again argue for the use of a scale when following recipes. Dividing cups, teaspoons, and tablespoons is an aggravating task, but dividing whole numbers is a breeze and an excuse to put that hard-earned elementary school education to good use.
*This is another recipe where substitutions are encouraged! Don’t have a lemon? use vinegar or pickle brine. No parsley or dill? use what you have; basil, scallions, tarragon, chervil, celery leaves, cilantro, chives. No dijon? use whatever you have lying around, and so on and so forth.
Tuna Salad w/ Lemon & Capers
- 15oz / 3can – Tuna, liquid drained
- 6g / 2ea – Garlic Cloves, minced
- 80g / .5c – Onion, minced
- 75g / .5c – Celery, sliced thin
- 6g / 2T – Parsley, chopped
- 15g / 1T – Capers, chopped
- 28g / 2T – Pickle Relish (dill or sweet)
- 28g / 1ea – Lemon, juiced
- 1g / 1t – Dill
- 100g / .5c – Mayonnaise
- 6g / 1T – Dijon Mustard (or whatever you have on hand)
- 8dash – Tabasco
- 3g / 1t – Black Pepper, fresh cracked
- 1g / .25t – Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
One Comment Add yours