So you made the best tuna salad ever, but you think just eating tuna salad as a meal is too healthy, light, cold, etc? We’ve all been there, but fear not, do you have bread and cheese in your house? Hopefully the answer is “yes”. Stop denying yourself what your heart truly desires, turn that healthy tuna salad into a hot, savory, melty, gooey, buttery sandwich!
*While there is a recipe below, you can simply follow the pictures above, as well as your heart, and I think you will be happy with the results. butter – bread – cheese – tuna salad – cheese – bread – butter.
*Use just about any bread and cheese that you want, but remember to place a layer of cheese both above and below your tuna salad to help ensure you don’t end up with a soggy bottom (or top).
- 8ea – Slices of Bread
- 8T (1 stick) – Butter
- 8ea – Slices of Cheese (swiss, cheddar, american or other good melting cheese)
- 1qt – Tuna Salad
- Heat a large skillet/griddle over medium-low heat.
- Spread a layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread then place 4 slices in the heated pan, butter side down.
- Top those 4 slices of bread in this order: slice of cheese, about 1cup tuna salad, slice of cheese then top with remaining 4 slices of bread, butter side up.
- Continue to cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, flip, repeat.